Power Through Your Workweek With Healthy Habits
Elevate Your Workweek With These 4 Practices
Whether you work on-site, at home, or a hybrid of both, workplace wellness is extremely important. Our jobs take up a large portion of our week, which is why it is vital to implement routine healthy practices.
In honor of National Employee Wellness Month, we’re diving into tips for staying well during the workweek. These can help you stay focused, feel your best, and avoid burnout.
- Stay hydrated – Keep a water bottle at your desk or workplace and refill it throughout the day. This will help ensure you are drinking enough water.
- Prepare nutritious lunches for the workday – This not only helps you stay energized, but can help you save money and maintain a healthy diet.
- Take a break to move – If you sit at a desk, make sure you’re finding time to stretch or go for a walk. This can help both your mind and body get through the day.
- Be mindful of your posture – This small habit can work wonders for your long-term health!
For more workplace wellness tips, visit Indeed.com.
Improve Your Quality of Life with Routine Exercise
We all know that physical activity is a prominent part of staying healthy, but exercising has benefits beyond just weight loss. A lifestyle with routine fitness can improve not only your physical health but your mental and emotional wellness and overall quality of life!
The benefits of routine exercise can include (Medline Plus):
- Regulated insulin and blood sugar levels
- A reduced risk of heart disease
- Curbed withdrawal symptoms if you are quitting smoking
- Increased brain health
- Stronger bones and muscles
- A better mood and healthier mental well-being
- Improved sleep quality
- A lowered risk for some cancers
- Less money spent on medical expenses
- Weight loss or weight management
- The possibility of a longer life due to all of the above!
To learn more about how much exercise the average adult needs to stay healthy, watch this video from the Mayo Clinic.
Men’s Health Spotlight
Taking the steps to prevent disease can keep you healthy long-term, cut medical costs, and enhance quality of life.
Here are the recommended preventative exams for adult men, according to Medline Plus:
- Blood pressure reading
- Cholesterol screening
- Diabetes screening
- Dental exam
- Vision exam
- Physical exam
- Testicular exam
- Skin self-exam
- All of the above exams!
- Colorectal cancer screening
- Osteoporosis screening
- Prostate cancer screening
- Lung cancer screening (if applicable)
8 Healthy Shareable Appetizers
Opting for healthier foods doesn’t have to mean “boring” or “tasteless”. Spice up your next gathering with these delicious reduced-fat appetizers!
Source: Food Network
Do you know a company or organization that would benefit from working with Empower Health?